Sybu Remote Control for XBMC
- Remote control for XBMC (XBox Media Centre) xbmc.org
- iPhone, iPad app for iOS5 and iOS6
- Support for XBMC v9, v10 (Dharma), v11 (Eden) and v12 (Frodo)
- High resolution User Interface designed specifically for iPhone and iPad retina displays.
- Single screen access. Quickly navigate and control XBMC.
- Automatic discovery of XBMC hosts with Zeroconf (Apple’s Bonjour service)
- Free with no ads
- It just works - Simple and easy to use. Best XBMC remote on the app store.
- Super simple app, love it - the ui is so easy to navigate…it just works
- Great App - This app found my raspi right away and also has easy navigation.
- Works perfectly! - The wife understands it and uses it. What more good can be said?
- Great remote.
- Clean, easy to use
- Very nice interface, good job.
- Excellent remote control app for XBMC
- Simple à prendre en main et fonctionne contrairement à d’autres app.
- Raspberry Xbmc and this App. Are just a Dream
- Endlich kann mein raspberry pi mit raspbmc auch spulen
- Also mehrere Apps probiert aber die hier ist mir am liebsten. Funktioniert einwandfrei und die Bedienung ist auch Super!!
Configure the following settings in XBMC.
|Setup Option||Frodo (v12)|
|1) Allow control of XBMC via HTTP||System -> Settings -> Services -> Webserver|
|2) Port (use 80 or 8080 or specific port advised by your technical support)||System -> Settings -> Services -> Webserver|
|3) Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC||System -> Settings -> Services -> Remote Control|
|4) Announce these services to other systems via Zeroconf||System -> Settings -> Services -> Zeroconf|
For XBMC v11 (Eden): System -> Network -> Services
If you receive a warning 'Failed to start zeroconf' consider installing Apple's Bonjour service www.apple.com/support/bonjour this allow the App to automatically find the XBMC host and you will then also be able to use the hostname in connections.
If prompted allow XBMC through the firewall.
- Touch i in top right corner to launch the setup screen.
- For Automatic host configuration. Touch Discover Hosts to automatically find any XBMC hosts on the network. Select the specific host from the list. This completes the setup.
- For Manual host configuration. If no hosts are found, or if Apple’s Bonjour service is not installed or if you are running an older version of XBMC, then the IP address and port can manually be entered.
XBMC host: IP address of XBMC media player
Port: typically 80 or 8080. As configured in XBMC Setup
The App Store™ download:
FAQ and Questions
Version 1.30 – 22 February 2013
1) Library indicator if item has been played or watched
2) Audio library has option to filter and search by song title
3) Popup floating time marker when sliding or seeking time
4) Username and password added for connection to XBMC host
5) Library and Sources display will return to last selected item
6) Minor bug fixes
Version 1.20 – 29 January 2013
1) Frodo (v12) support added
2) Sources, files explorer added
3) Queue added to Library, Sources – Files
4) Fixed display of empty playlist when XBMC was stopped
5) Minor UI tweaks
6) App name changed from RC Eden to Sybu Remote Control for XBMC
Version 1.10 – 4 December 2012
-Display of Media Library for Movies, TV Shows and Music
-Larger navigation control for iPhone
-Improved layout of the iPhone interface
Version 1 - 13 November 2012